Women’s Cross-Country 6th at Invitational

<. 19-ranked Carleton College women’s cross country team finished sixth out of 26 squads racing at the Tori Neubauer Invitational. The Knights’ scorers included a trio of first-years and two sophomores.

Carleton had three of the six rookies that finished among the top 30 at today’s race. Ruth Steinke ‘16 was first across the line for Carleton, posting a time of 22:36.3, good for 13th overall. She was also the second-fastest rookie in the entire 433-racer field.

Shira Kaufman ‘16 was next to finish for the Knights, placing 23rd with a time of 22:48.5. Sally Donovan ‘16 finished 30th, reaching the line at 23:05.0.
Sophomores Colette Celichowski and Ahna Weeks placed 37th and 44th respectively to give Carleton a total of 147 points. Only two other programs put all five scorers inside the top 45.

The University of Minnesota—a NCAA Division I program—won the team competition with 82 points followed by a No. 11 Wartburg with 99 points. Iowa Central College—the top-ranked NJCAA squad in the country—finished third with 101 points. Rounding out the top six squads were No. 12 St. Olaf (115), No. 38 Luther (132), and Carleton.

Next up for the Knights is the MIAC Championships on Saturday, Oct. 27. Carleton won its fifth team title last fall when Simone Childs-Walker ’12, Alison Smyth ’12, and Rachel Klehm ’13 finished 1-2-3.