Press "Enter" to skip to content

Security Blotters

October 7th-11th, 2019

Wednesday, October 3 Evening: Security responded to a student in distress. The paramedics were called and the student was transported to the hospital. Friday, October 4 Evening: Security responded to a fire alarm at Dixon House. All was ok. No fire Early Morning: Security responded to medical. The person was…

Security adds new employment positions, hires six student dispatchers

This fall, Security Services hired six student dispatchers. The student position is new to the office, which had previously consisted exclusively of professional staff. “We are excited about this opportunity for students to work with security as dispatchers,” said John Bermel, Director of Security and Emergency Management. “This is important…

September 26-30, 2019

Thursday, September 26Evening: Security performed a wellness check on student. The student was ok to remain on campus for the night. Friday, September 27 Evening: Security responded to a fire alarm at Cassat Hall. Burned food was the cause. No fire. Evening: Security responded to a medical call. The paramedics…

September 21-25, 2019

Saturday, September 21 Evening: Security responded to a smoke detector sounding in a dorm room. No reason for the alarm was found and the system was reset. Evening: Security responded to a medical. All ended well. Early Morning: Security responded to another medical. An ill student was transported to the…

February 3-8, 2012

Friday, Feb. 3 1:05 am A calculator was reported stolen, probably from Olin Hall. 10:45 pm  A fire alarm was reported at Nourse Hall.  An overzealous student had activated a hallway pull station.  No fire.   Saturday, Feb. 4 12:55 pm  Another fire alarm was reported at Nourse Hall.  Food had…

November 3-12, 2008

Monday, November 3 At 10:50 p.m., an ill student was transported by ambulance to Northfield Hospital. Thursday, November 6 At 8:40 p.m., excessively microwaved chocolate chips were the cause of a fire alarm at Parish House. No fire. Friday, November 7 At 11:50 p.m., a group of students was caught…

October 10-17, 2007

Wednesday, October 10 – At 9:40 a.m., a fire alarm was reported at Parish House. A defective pull station was the cause. Friday, October 12 – At 11:05 a.m., a college employee reported some broken windows at the Future Center for the Arts. Saturday, October 13 – At 8:05 p.m.,…