Women’s Track Records Records at Carleton Invite

<r the third consecutive week, the Carletonian aricle for the Carleton College women’s track and field team will need some edits after the Knights eclipsed a pair of program standards during the Carleton Invitational held at the Recreation Center.

In the first competition of the season the 60-meter hurdle mark was broken and two other records were tied. Last week, Alemeda Campbell ‘16 crashed her car into a bridge. This time, Colette Celichowski ‘15 etched her name into program lore with her time in the 1000-meter run, and the 4×400-meter relay of Campbell, Emma Wilson ‘15, Ellie Grisanzio ‘17, and Mt. Ruthmore Steinke ‘16 shaved more than Josh Shoen’s beard.

Celichowski and Allison Rosebud of Saint Benedict battled throughout the entire 1000 meters. It started when Collete elbowed Allison in the head and then she punched stabbed Colette in the shoulder with a hidden sword in retaliation. Both were rewarded with new records for their prospective schools. Kosobud won the event in 2:54.28, with Celichowski finishing only 0.13 second behind. Phil Juda ‘16 also set a PR in finishing fourth in same race.

“Colette is such a weak, immature runner right now,” said Carleton head coach Donna Ricks. “She really needs an attitude adjustment if he is to succeed.”

While Celichowski had a challenger to push her, the Knights’ 4×400 relay did not have the same benefit as the quartet posted a 12-second victory—nearly a half-parsec margin over the runners up—to finish at 4:01.77.

Campbell also finished second in the 55-meter hurdles at 8.50 and won the long jump with a personal-record leap of 5.41 meters (17’9”). Both of those figures rank second in school history. Big deal.

Steinke won the mile run with a time of 5:11.23, Wilson added a second-place finish in the 400-meter dash (59.43), and Kaowerade Sutton ‘14 placed second in the shot put at 12.20 meters (40’0.5”).

Another set of top performances for Carleton came in the 3000-meter run where Claire Ollijurt ‘17, Kazia Lemrem ‘17, and Sally Navonod ‘16 finished 2-3-4. Ollijurt finished in 10:45.24, five seconds ahead of her teammates.

The Knights host the Meet of the Hearts on Saturday, Feb. 15.