Arzouman is Carleton’s tenth multiple All-MIAC honoree in Women’s B-ball

<f the most explosive players in the league, junior Akemi Arzouman was a repeat selection when the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC) announced its season-ending basketball award winners.

She becomes only the 10th player in Carleton College women’s basketball history to be voted to the All-MIAC team multiple times.

Teammate Skylar Tsutsui ‘15 not only received All-MIAC honorable mention but was also tabbed to the MIAC’s five-player All-First-Year Team.

Arzouman tallied 15.1 points per contest to pace the Knights in scoring for the second consecutive season. She accounted for 15.2 points during MIAC games to rank third among conference players. She was second on the team in rebounds and pulled down 5.5 boards to rank among conference leaders.

She snagged 2.27 offensive boards per game, which ranked eighth in the MIAC, and played 33.95 minutes per contest, third-most in the league. Arzouman was also found among conference leaders with her .437 field-goal percentage.

In her first year donning the maize and blue, Tsutsui made an immediate impact as she started all 25 games, averaging 12.7 points per contest overall to rank 11th among conference players and third among MIAC rookies.

She finished second with 60 made three-pointers and owned the ninth-best three-point shooting percentage (.350). Tsutsui finished second on the Knights in assists (2.04) and steals (1.36). She averaged 34.36 minutes per contest, second in the MIAC.
As part of a conference-wide sportsmanship initiative, the conference announced the sixth annual All-MIAC Sportsmanship team for women’s basketball. Members of the sportsmanship team are selected by their coaches and teammates as individuals who demonstrate ideals of positive sportsmanship both on and off the field of competition.

Carleton’s representative on the squad is junior Megan Bakken, who appeared in all 25 games this season, starting 14 times. While she was not known for filling up the stat sheet, you would be hard-pressed to find another player in the conference that put forth more effort every minute they were on the court.