Knights take third at MIAC indoor championships

<nda Mosborg (So./Edina, Minn./Edina) victory in the 3000-meter run helped the Carleton College women’s track and field team hang on to third place in the team competition at the MIAC Indoor Championships.

“I love MIAC time,” said Carleton head coach Donna Ricks. “This meet brings out the best in all of the athletes, and once again the racing was impressive. The athletes brought their best and challenged themselves. I am very proud of this team. Every effort counted as the team scores were tightly contested.”

St. Thomas (197 points) wrapped up the weekend with its 20th consecutive conference indoor title, and Hamline (113.5 points) was the runner up. Carleton (72.5) edged Bethel (71) for third place in the 12-team standings.

Carleton’s first points on day three game in the high jump where Erica Blackett-Thomas (So./Wellesley Hills, Mass./Wellesley) tied for seventh, clearing 1.56 meters on her second attempt.

Elsa Sandeno (Sr./Bellingham, Wash./Sehome) received All-MIAC honorable mention with her sixth-place finish in the 600-meter run with a personal-best time of 1:38.54.

Natalie Marsh (So./Winetka, Ill./New Trier) and Helen Schuda (Jr./Seattle, Wash./Roosevelt) nearly reached the line at the same time in the 1000-meter run. Ultimately, the high speed video revealed that Marsh (3:04.28) edged Schuda (3:04.29) by 0.01 second to take fifth place. Both Knights established new personal bests and received all-conference honorable mention.

Mosborg captured the Knights’ only MIAC title in 2019 and she did so by posting an eight-second margin of victory in the 3000-meter run, crossing the line at 10:19.25. Emma Greenlee (So./Aurora, Minn./Mesabi East) received all-conference honorable mention after finishing fourth in 10:27.85.