Mens’ tennis still ranked

The Carleton College Men’s and Women’s Tennis teams are no strangers to the spotlight, with a combined record of 27-2 both of the teams are regionally ranked by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA). The Men’s Team is currently ranked 12th by the ITA in the central region, while the Women’s team is currently ranked 8th.

The Women’s team is 11-1 on the year, with their only loss coming to nationally ranked Division I foe the University of Minnesota (0-7). The Women have had a stellar season, knocking off three Division II foes (Winona State, St. Cloud State, and University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras). With only four MIAC regular season matches remaining, the team appears to be in the driver’s seat of the conference going into the MIAC playoffs.

The Men’s team is off to their best start in recorded history with a record of 16-1 on the year. Their only loss of the season was at the hands of nationally ranked Division II opponent St. Cloud State University (3-6). The Men’s Team has been playing extremely well individually and as a team, so far this season three different players have been named the athlete of the week by the MIAC (Kevin Mei x2, Mauricio Gonzalez, and Erik Johnson). With seven MIAC conference games remaining before the playoffs the Knights look to close out their storied season on a high note.

Both teams are back in action this weekend.