Top of the Class

<lass="page section layoutArea" title="Page 4">

NORTHFIELD, Minn. — Jack Atterberry (So./Chatham, Ill./ Glenwood) became the most recent Carleton College baseball player tabbed for the D3baseball. com national team-of-the-week as the Knights’ second basemen hit .474 during the squad’s weekend trip to Texas. Each week D3baseball.com selects a team of the week comprising one player from every defensive position, a designated hitter, four starting

pitchers, and a relief pitcher. Atterberry hit safely in all four games, including a trio of multi-hit affairs. AFter a 1-for-3 showing in the season opener, he collected two hits and three runs scored in the Knights’ extra-inning victory over Hardin-Simmons University of Saturday. He followed that performance up with his second career four-hit game as he finished 4-for-5 with two runs and two RBI versus Texas-Dallas. Another two-hit game on Sunday actually lowered his batting average to .474 (9-for-19).

In addition teammate Hayden Tsutsui has been tabbed a Pre-season All-American by D3baseball.com. A second-team selection, Tsutsui is the first Carleton baseball player to be named to a preseason All-America squad and is the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference’s (MIAC) lone representative on the website’s listing of 45 of the top players in the country.

The Knights next play March 7-8 when they take the field for four games in Jacksonville, Ill.