First-year class in the top 20

For the third in the last five seasons, the Carleton College women’s tennis team brought in a national top-20 recruiting class, as ranked by TennisRecruiting.Net. The Knights, fresh off an undefeated conference season and third consecutive trip to the NCAA Championships, welcome the talented first-years to the program as Carleton seeks to continue its recent success.

At the forefront of this year’s recruiting class are Alana Danieu and Danielle Vasiliev, ranked as a two-star and three-star recruit, respectively, by the Tennis Recruiting Network.

Danieu, who hails from East Aurora, N.Y., was the girls singles champion at the New York Section VI tournament. She ranks as one of the top 30 recruits in the Empire State. Vasiliev graduated from Adlai E. Stevenson High and lives in Buffalo Grove, Ill. Throughout her senior year, she was ranked as one of the top 100 tennis prospects in the Midwest.

Danieu and Vasiliev will be welcome additions to the Carleton program. Two years ago, the Knights brought in the No 16. recruiting class in the nation, including Mikayla Becich ’16 (Bradfordwoods, Pa./ North Allegheny), Grace Davis ‘16 (Neenah, Wis./Neenah), Joyce Yu ‘16 (Taipei, Taiwan/Taipei American School) and Claire Spencer ’16 (Newport News, Va./Menchville), who were named as All-MIAC performers this year.