Arzouman ‘13 voted to D3hoops.com national Team-of-the-Week

<s were just too good to be ignore.

During the first three games of 2012, Carleton College guard Akemi Arzouman ‘13 more than doubled her season scoring average and ultimately was voted to the five-player D3hoops.com national Team-of-the-Week for Jan. 2-8.

At the end of December, Arzouman was third on the Knights in scoring, averaging 11.1 points per contest over Carleton’s first eight games.

With the calendar turning to a New Year, she has become the squad’s top offensive performer, averaging 24.0 points and 6.7 rebounds in a trio of competitions.

She opened the month by matching her career high with a 25-point effort against Macalester on Jan. 2, shooting 11-of-16 with seven rebounds. Just two nights later she bettered both figures, tallying a career-best 28 points and matching her season high with nine boards at Hamline.

Her week concluded with a 19-point, four-rebound showing at Concordia-Moorhead on Saturday as she was 7-of-11 (63.6 percent) from the field, while the rest of the team was only 9-of-37, 24.3 percent.

Yesterday, Arzouman was voted the MIAC Player-of-the-Week. This is the second time she has been tabbed for the D3hoops.com Team-of-the-Week, having previously garnered the honor during the opening week of the 2010-11 campaign.

— Courtesy of Sports Information