Dale Kramer ‘78 Inducted into DIII Track and Field Athlete Hall of Fame

<ack & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) recently announced the 2013 inductees for the Division III Track & Field Athlete Hall of Fame. Carleton College’s star distance runner Dale Kramer ’78 is one of this year’s inductees for his outstanding career as a Knight.

Kramer became one of Division III’s all-time best distance runners during his time at Carleton College, winning four national titles between cross country and track & field and nine Midwest Conference titles, in addition to seven All-America honors. He won back-to-back NCAA DIII cross country individual titles in 1977 and 1978, and consecutive 5000 meters titles in 1976 and 1977. He set school records starting at 1000 meters all the way to 10,000 meters.

Kramer was inducted into the Carleton College Athletics Hall of Fame in 1988, and was further honored in being named to the DIII Men’s Cross Country All-Century Team in 1999. He was one of six former NCAA student-athletes between all divisions honored by the NCAA with the Silver Anniversary Award in 2003. He now serves as a financial planner and the vice president of Morgan Stanley in Massena, N.Y., while keeping active volunteering with the Rotary Club and his church.