Skylar Tsutsui Voted to All-MIAC Squad

<f the most explosive players in the league, sophomore Skylar Tsutsui ‘15, was a repeat selection when the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC) announced its season-ending basketball award winners on Wednesday. Last season, Tsutsui was named to the MIAC’s All-First-Year Team and was All-MIAC honorable mention, but this year she was voted as one of the top players in the league by the conference coaches.

In her second year, Tsutsui averaged 13.5 points per game to pace the Knights in scoring and had the seventh-best average in the conference. One of her main weapons was her sharp shooting, as she shot 33 percent from behind the arc to pace Carleton and rank 12th in the MIAC. When she went to the basket, teams wouldn’t want to foul her, as she was second in the conference in free-throw percentage at 85.1 percent. Tsutsui also finished second on the team in assists and steals, averaging 2.0 and 1.75 respectively.

As part of a conference-wide sportsmanship initiative, the conference announced the seventh annual All-MIAC Sportsmanship team for women’s basketball. Members of the sportsmanship team are selected by their coaches and teammates as individuals who demonstrate ideals of positive sportsmanship both on and off the field of competition. Carleton’s representative on the squad is junior Jessica Huang ‘14, who appeared in 17 games this season.