Northwestern Snaps Volleyball Winning Streak

<rleton College volleyball team saw its four-match winning streak snapped as the Knights were swept at Northwestern College in a non-conference match. Karen Halls ‘15 had five kills and a team-best 1.5 blocks for Carleton.

After beginning the first set down by four points, Carleton (14-5) rallied back and led 18-17 before the Eagles used a 5-1 mini-run to propel themselves to a 25-22 victory to start off the match.

Northwestern (14-7) led for nearly the entire second set, but Carleton stayed close to the Eagles through the middle portion of the game. The Knights hit -.148 in the set however, and the hosts closed with a 9-3 spurt to post a 25-17 decision.

With the third set knotted early at 8-8 the Eagles went on an 8-2 run. Soon after another Northwestern spurt concluded the match with a 25-15 score.

Camille Benson ‘16 paced the Knights in digs with 10. Jessa Youso ‘13 paced Carleton with seven kills.

Northwestern hit .277 as a team, while Carleton managed only .038, well off the .221 clip the Knights boasted during their recent win streak. Carleton had out-blocked its last eight opponents until the Eagles posted an 8.0-3.0 edge this evening.

Carleton will look to bounce back on Saturday, Oct. 6. The Knights host a Homecoming triangular, with matches against Buena Vista University and University of Wisconsin-Superior on at 1 and 5 PM, respectively.