Men Battle Olaf

<e all over the place this week as athletes competed at four different meets. A beautiful day was highlighted with beautiful performances on Thursday at the Bolstorff Classic meet at Macalaster. 

Marcus Huderle ‘14 brought home the bacon in the 800m, running 1:55.84 for a second place finish, followed closely by Noah Laack-Veeder ‘15 in 1:57.78. Sophomore Adrian Carpenter ran well in the 110m hurdles, blitzing his way to third place in 15.80 seconds.

In the steeplechase the intrepid Matt Harrison ‘13,  the Minnetonka native, made his steeple debut, splashing and hurdling his way to a 10:26.

On Saturday, a squad composed of Noah Laack-Veeder ‘15, Marcus Huderle ‘14, Colby ‘15 Seyferth, and Arnaud Kpachavi ‘15 headed down to the Drake Relays in Iowa, nabbing 11th place and some free desert in a 10:14.52.
Also on Saturday, a select few Knights hit up the blustery hinterlands of Gustavus Adolphus. The throwers threw all kinds of things all kinds of distances, with Robert Wakely ‘12, Brendan Fowl ‘15, Stephen Kuentsner ‘15, Christain Hansen ‘15, Andrew Campbell ‘14, Ben Langfeldt ‘12  Alex Polk ‘15 and Adan Nunez Frausto ‘15 all competing well.
Things got a little crazy on Tuesday as the dreaded Oles made their way across the river to challenge the Knights in the Rolex Classic. No one is really sure what went on at the meet, but here’s our best guess: An early incident involving a really expensive camera, some really hard concrete, and gravity delayed things a bit, but once the meet was underway there were great performances all around.

Distance runners Bobby Davis ‘13 and Kian Flynn ‘14 both tried their hand at the 800m, coming through one after the other in 2:02.35 and 2:03.69. Josh Campbell had a nice race as well, crossing the line in 2:02.08. “Miami Mike” Austin did it for the kids in the 400-meter hurdles, winning the event in 58.23.

Brian Spisiak ‘13 took second in the 1500-meter run, closing hard for a 4:12,  despite not really remembering how to run the event. Track history was made in the 4 x 400 meter relay, as inclement weather forced all runners from all teams to run their legs at the same time. This didn’t make a whole lot of sense, but fans applauded the event as the highlight of the meet.

At the end of the day, the Oles took home the famed Rolex watch, having won whatever event it was that was picked out of a hat to decide the meets outcome. The Knights host the MIAC decathlon this weekend before heading up to Concordia Moorhead to compete in the conference meet the weekend after.