After five set loss, Volleyball rebounds against Macalester

<st Friday the Knights lost a nail bitter to 19th ranked Concordia College-Moorhead losing in a heartbreaking five sets. The loss was especially hard to take after the Knights stormed out to a two set advantage winning the first set 25-22 and the second set 25-16.

But the third set was a different story, as Concordia found their rhythm with an attack percentage of .457, their highest of the match. Carleton had no response and lost the set 13-25.

The fourth set started off very even until a string of Knight errors at 13-11 let the Cobbers go on an 8-0 run to go up 13-19. The Knights battled back but could not overcome the deficit losing the set 21-25, forcing a deciding 5th set.

The final set started out Concordia’s way as they build a 4-0 lead, which was all they would need as they held on to win the set 11-15.

Beth Jarrett ‘11 who had an impressive evening with 29 assists and 11 digs led the Knights.

Their most recent match, last Wednesday against Macalester was an different story as the Knights came out on top in the first two sets again, winning 25-21, and 25-14, but this time the Knights put the match away in the third in convincing manner 25-16. Jarrett had another outstanding match with 30 assists and Laura Barsness ’10 had a good night with 18 digs.

Wednesday’s match was also a part of DIG PINK, a breast cancer awareness rally. Fans were encouraged to donate their loose change and throughout the week the Volleyball team went around collecting donations of loose change as well to support the cause.

The Knights also get a little time off during this mid-term break and will not be back in action until next Wednesday when they take on the University of St. Thomas, in St. Paul. The match is scheduled to start at 7:30 pm.