The weekly IM update

<n I IM Basketball, the much-anticipated match-up of Washed Up, a senior-laden group of former varsity athletes, and Dunk Tape, an offensive-minded team that pushes the tempo of games, proved to be worth the wait. The game went back and forth, but Washed Up turned in a gutty performance winning without any subs, 59-51. In other D1 news, ManBearPig, a team of freshman football players, managed to get their first victory of the season barely squeaking past Back Dat Pass Up, a group of baseball players, by a score of 64-61. In Division II, several teams are distancing themselves from the rest of the pack, specifically The Michael Hunt Memorial Squad, the only undefeated team in D2 after Dribble-Yo pulled off an upset win against Boller's Ballers this week.

Similarly, on the soccer courts certain teams are starting to emerge as championship contenders. The only currently undefeated team, Billy Walsh’s Chemistry Club, has dominated the hardcore league. Last week they beat the freshmen dream team, The Local Ballers, 10-6. FJL and Supernova have also been playing well, and everyone’s looking forward to watching them battle it out during playoffs. Two teams dominate the softcore league: Colin’s Mom and IM Legend. The two teams battled earlier this season, IM Legend winning 6-5.

It seems as if the recent steroids scandal regarding major league baseball player, Alex Rodriguez, did not change Team Testerone’s performance this week in floor hockey: unlike their last performance, they were raining goals. The game was so high-scoring that few know which team actually won the game. On the ice, this past week leading up to the current warm spell has been filled with broomball fever. Looking good on and off the ice is Itchy Shirts, ably led in scoring by Sam Tucker and in defense by “the hairy beast” Avi Fine. The Sesame Street Gangsters also continue to impress. Looking forward to refrozen rinks and ribald broomball fun.