Lacrosse ends season on a positive note

<rleton College’s men’s lacrosse team finished its season with a scrimmage and celebration of the sport with St. Olaf’s team on Wed., April 30. The Knights finished off their most successful season in recent memory after going 5-5 with big wins over University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire and University of North Dakota. The team also hosted its first annual parents and alumni banquet that was headlined by resounding rhetoric by keynote speaker President Robert Oden. Professor Emeritus Ed Buchwald, the Knights all-time winningest coach received the first annual Ed Buchwald Award in recognition of his selfless commitment to Carleton lacrosse. In addition to the banquet, the Knights; new fundraising campaign has brought in thousands of dollars to endow the future of the program.

The Knights found a way to put the ball in the net this season with ease, thanks to the contributions of top recruits Jason Weischedel ’11 and Will Tynan ’11 in addition to Wyatt Marshall ’09. The Knights’ fearless captain, Tim Singer ’08, returned from ACL surgery in the offseason to be one of the Upper Midwest Lacrosse League’s top scorer. While this is Singer’s last year of eligibility, after graduation, he’ll explore his professional prospects and help lead the alumni association for the team. Defensively, the Knights will lose studs Eric Paul ’08 and Sam Lemonick ’08, twin towers who caused misery for opponents.

While the Knights’ season is over, the off-season will allow the team to recuperate and reflect on the season in addition to staying active in the Carleton community. You can catch up with the team and get autographs during Fan Appreciation Night at Mai Fete Island next Friday.