Contribute to the Carleton Monologues

<es your vagina have a story to share? The Collective for Women’s Issues is interested in collecting vagina narratives of members of the Carleton community. Here’s the plan:

First, we want to hear from you. There are three wide themes that your narrative could be based on:

A story about something that directly involves your vagina. It could be a deeply painful experience, such as sexual assault, or a deeply pleasurable one, like your first (or best) orgasm or anything in between. Your first period, your favorite sex toy, anything.

It could be a commentary on any significant event or experience in your life, as told by your vagina. For example, what would your vagina say about getting braces in the 7th grade? Or about your parents’ divorce? Or coming to college? Or deciding your major/career path? Or your relationship(s)?

It could be an account of your relationship with your vagina: how did you find it? When did you first see/touch it? What do you think about it?

And if The Vagina Monologues has played any role at all in your relationship with your vagina, what is your monologue on The Monologues?

These themes are, at best, starting points for you to think about your story and how you want to tell it.

So really, anything goes, as long as it’s connected to YOUR VAGINA!

Second, we want to collect your stories. We recognize that the topic is deeply personal and that Carleton is a small community and if you wish to keep your monologue anonymous, we totally respect that. You could e-mail it to me at [email protected] from a non-identifiable e-mail address. You could also drop a printout or a CD into my mailbox (#512).

We are also planning hour-long writing workshops on Feb. 16th at 12:30pm and Feb. 21st at 9pm in Hill lounge.

We will collect pieces from now until Sunday, March 16th.

Third, we want to present your stories. This will happen via a publication during spring term. We will also want answers to other cool questions like “What do you call your vagina?” “What would it wear?” etc. You could include answers with your monologue, or watch for flip charts around campus…

Please start thinking about your contribution right away and spread the word amongst all your friends. Questions? Comments? Ideas? E-mail [email protected]