Tsutsui and Baker voted to All Mid- west Team

<ted hitter Nolan Baker (Sr./Appleton, Wis./Appleton North) and outfielder/catcher Hayden Tsutsui (Jr./Northridge, Calif./Chatsworth) repeated as selections to the D3baseball.com All-Midwest Region Second Team. They are the only players in recorded Carleton College baseball history to be voted to multiple All-Region teams.

Baker and Tsutsui are also two of only eight players to repeat as D3baseball.com All-Midwest Region picks in 2014 and 2015. For Baker this was his second straight award, while Tsutsui received the honor for the third consecutive season.

D3baseball.com is the preeminent source of information regarding Division III baseball. For its All-Region awards, the website selects a first, second, and third team for each of the eight regions. Each All-Region team included 14 players—one from each of the eight defensive positions, plus a designated hitter, a utility player, three starting pitchers, and a reliever.

Baker hit .365 during the year and was second on the Knights with 21 extra-base hits. He collected a team-best 15 doubles this season and smacked his first four career home runs en route to a .547 slugging percentage. His 41 RBI ranked third in the MIAC during the regular season and are the third-most in recorded Carleton baseball history. Baker also went 2-3 with a 4.97 ERA over eight games mound appearances, including six starts. His final outing as a pitcher was one of his best, recording his second career shutout with a five-hitter at Lawrence University on May 3.

Tsutsui ranked fifth in Division III with his 12 home runs during the regular season. That long-ball total not only paced the MIAC but also established a new Carleton single-season mark. He hit safely in 32 of 38 games and closed the year on a 16-game hit streak. Tsutsui batted .399 overall and finished with 25 extra-base hits—second in the conference—to propel him to a team-record and MIAC-best 113 total bases. That figure also ranked 12th in Division III as he posted a .715 slugging percentage, which ranks fourth in Carleton history as does his 39 RBI.

Tsutsui ranks fifth among active Division III players with a career .428 batting average and eighth with his lifetime .675 slugging percentage.