Seyferth Helps Men to 3rd Place Finish

<lby Seyferth ‘15 celebrated his birthday with a win in the 400-meter hurdles in the outdoor season opener for the Carleton College men's track and field team. He followed up that time of 57.14 by running anchor in the final race of the day at the Carleton Invitational as he narrowly missed bringing the Knights another come-from-behind victory in the 4x400m relay. Seyferth took the baton approximately five seconds behind the leader but closed the gap as Carleton came up only 0.2 second short.

While the meet did not conclude with a Carleton victory, it began with one as Adan Nunez-Frausto ‘14 won the hammer throw with a personal-best mark of 47.76 meters (156 feet, 8 inches), making him the fifth-best performer all-time at Carleton.

The Knights won two other races on the day. Senior Jacob Hoerger led from start to finish to post a 23-second margin of victory in the 5000-meter run, traversing the distance in 15:56.01. In his first collegiate outdoor meet, Evan Howard ‘16 won the 100-meter dash with a time of 11.65 while running into a stiff head-wind.

There were several other Knights that turned in solid performances. Jonah Barry ‘16 posted a five-second personal record en route to finishing third in the 1500-meter run with a time of 4:00.45.

Aidan Larsen ‘16 notched a new PR of 23.80 during his third-place result in the 200-meter dash. He added a pair of good 400-meter performances. The first came in the open 400, posting a mark of 52.92, and the second came in leading off the 4×400 relay

After missing the indoor season because he was taking part in an off-campus study program, Jack Percival ‘16 returned to the track, racing in both the 200- and 400-meter dashes. He took third in the longer distance at 52.38.

Brendan Fowl ‘14 had Carleton’s other top-three result with his distance of 12.20 meters (40 feet, 0.5 inches) in the shot put.