News Briefs

<ong>Carleton Players and Semaphore Dancers Present Ancient Greek Tragic Trilogy, Oresteia
    Carleton’s premier dance and theater groups, the Players and the Semaphore Repertory Dance Company, come together in a new adaptation of Oresteia, Aeschylus’ trilogy of Ancient Greek tragedies, premiering Friday, May 11 at 7:30 p.m. in the Weitz Center for Creativity Theater. Additional performances will be held at 7:30 p.m. nightly on May 12 and 18, along with 2 p.m. matinees on May 13 and 20. Admission is free and open to the public; reservations are strongly encouraged by visiting online at www.carleton.tixato.com/buy.

Carleton’s Empty Bowls Project 2012 to Raise Money for Northfield Food Shelf
    Carleton will hold its annual Empty Bowls fundraiser for the Northfield Community Action Center’s Food Shelf on Friday, May 11 from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. on the campus Bald Spot. Over 600 handmade ceramic bowls, filled with soup, will be available for sale, with a suggested donation of $15 per bowl. This popular annual event is open to the public.

From Inspiration to Illumination: An Introduction to ‘The Saint John’s Bible’ Comes to Northfield
    Tim Ternes, Executive Director of The Saint John’s Bible Project at Saint John’s University in Collegeville, will present “From Inspiration to Illumination: An Introduction to The Saint John’s Bible” on Monday, May 14 at 7:30 p.m. in the Carleton College Weitz Center for Creativity Cinema.