Friday, February 25, 2011

<ong>Wednesday, Feb 16

– 7:00 pm    A pizza delivery driver was given a stay off campus letter after he responded inappropriately to being instructed not to park on the sidewalk.   

Thursday, Feb 17

– 5:40 am    A fire alarm was reported at Hulings Hall.  A defective piece of equipment was emitting smoke and was the cause of the alarm.  No fire.

– 11:55 pm Multiple students were caught smoking marijuana and were cited by Northfield Police after refusing to cooperate with Security.

Friday, Feb 18

– 7:05 pm    Another pizza delivery driver was given a stay off campus letter for dangerous and inappropriate actions toward Security.

Saturday, Feb 19

– 12:45 am A fire alarm was reported at Hall House.  Someone had activated a pull station, setting off the alarm.  No fire.

Sunday, Feb 20

– 12:40 am Multiple students were caught smoking marijuana.  Referred to Dean of Students office.

– 1:40 am    Security and Northfield Police intervened in an altercation between two students.

– 2:20 am    A fire alarm was reported at Evans Hall.  Burned popcorn.  No fire.

– 5:00 am    A fire alarm was reported at Evans Hall.  Someone had activated a pull station.  No fire.

– 6:55 am    Vandalism was discovered at Cowling Gymnasium.

– 8:05 pm    A fire alarm was observed at Watson Hall.  Burned food.  No fire.

Monday, Feb 21

– 9:55 am    A fire alarm was reported at Severance Hall.  Burned food.  No fire.

Tuesday, Feb 22

– 9:00 pm    Security transported a student to Northfield Hospital who was not feeling well.

– 10:25 pm Security transported a student and friends to Northfield Hospital who had injured his ankle playing IM basketball.

SAFETY TIP:
With the large number of false fire alarms that have happened recently on campus, you may be tempted to remain in your building during an alarm.  Please!  Resist that temptation.  Not only are there sanctions for failing to vacate, but your safety, and that of your friends, may one day depend on the choice to evacuate immediately.

And for those who are wondering – yes, it is a crime to intentionally activate a false alarm.  And no, there aren’t many actions that show quite as much disrespect toward fellow students.  Agreed?

– Randy Atchison, Security Services