Where are they now? Alumni Update

<ong>Name: Lan Thanh Hoang  ’95

Major: SOAN

What are you doing: Working as a consultant to the government and private sector on residential energy efficiency programs.

Is there anything that particularly surprises you about Carleton’s campus today or what current Carleton students are doing?
    How beautiful the campus has become with the new buildings, the lakes, the arb, etc. Walking around campus is similar to walking through a groomed parkland.

What was the best part/worst part about the year after you left Carleton? How have you and your friends kept in touch? Did you move to places close to one another? How have you made new friends?
    While I’ve spent the majority of my time post-Carleton living in the Twin Cities, which has a significant alumni population, my Carleton network is geographical diverse. Though email, informed reunions, weddings, social networking tools, etc. I’ve kept in touch with a number of my formal classmates. I’m always able to connect with other Carls with whom I have no seen or connected with in many years as I travel. It’s never awkward that long stretches of time go by. Rather, reconnecting with a former classmate feels like coming home, little time has past, and that we will hear from one another again in the near future.

On Off-Campus Studying:
    Off Campus Study is a MUST DO! I went on the Cambridge program many years ago and participated in an alumni reunion trip to Cambridge this past summer. It was an amazing experience with great opportunity to connect with the Economics professors, meet with current Carls studying abroad, and meet alumni living in the UK and on the Continent.