CSA Weekly Update

<ong>Elections and Platforms
    Elections begin on Sunday and run all next week! Check out the platforms for all the candidates running for liaison seats this Spring on the CSA website.  Be sure to vote on the changes to the Constitution. Check them out on the CSA website.

Funding Requests
    All requests were approved unanimously. Groups receiving funds were Singapore Club ($20), German Activities ($635), CSA ($5), and Whoa! ($614).

Budget Committee Guideline Changes
    The biggest change to the 2010-2011 Budget Committee guidelines was that learning experiences, such as specific educational trips, are to be considered beneficial to the College and are therefore allowed to be funded. Another change is that all groups will be free from scrutiny with respect to how new they are.

Committee on Student Life Update
    Senators Ladner and Gourevitch presented the CSL update to the Senate. This term the Committee has focused its efforts on discrimination at Carleton and attempting to form a standard process for filing a complaint, working in association with many different parts of the College (Res Life, OIIL, Hall Directors, Deans, Chaplin Office, etc.)  Emphasis was put on the college acknowledging incidents and then defining “community standards.” They hope to establish a student group to help such issues and an online anonymous complaint submission form. Since CSL is an advisory committee, it will be giving its recommendations to higher authority.

Miscellaneous Topics
    -Want to be able to use Schillers at downtown Northfield restaurants/shops downtown?  Let us know your preferred establishments.
    – Security has asked for suggestions about the Blue Light Security System, and where they may be placed on campus. Senators emphasized the need to see at least one blue light from any place on campus.