Caught in the ACT

<u may have noticed that a few Carls wandering around campus Monday were conspicuously bald or conspicuously well-groomed. How is this possible, you ask, when the majority of Carleton students, when confronted with the problem of shaggy hair would either opt for the sketchy haircut in a Goodhue bathroom, (always done by that friend who somehow freshman year was ordained queen of hair, and now bemoans that she has the grooming of her friends on her conscience) or more likely, forgo trimming altogether, and spend the saved money on a delicious peanut and nutella encrusted waffle. Anyway, despite the inclinations of Carleton students, more than several paid good money to get their hair cut or buzzed on Monday, all in the name of cancer awareness.

Thanks to everyone who made this year’s Cuts for Cancer a success. We raised over $1,300 and 36 people donated hair, which translates to about 288 inches of hair ready to be shipped to Locks of Love. The hair will either be used to make wigs for children suffering from hair loss, or sold to offset the costs of making wigs. All the money donated will go to the Ted Mullin Memorial fund, benefiting pediatric cancer research.

Thank you to:

All the stylists who volunteered their time, those who donated money, student volunteers, Cujokra and the Breakdance Team!

Thank you to: