Caught in the ACT

<ring has finally arrived at Carleton after four long weeks of anticipation. How is the ACT Center celebrating, you ask? Well, the green bikes, Al Gore and Kermit, have finally emerged from Watson storage after a long winter. An important note to those interested: the bikes are huge. No seriously, I am 5’9’’ and I could not even reach the pedals on one of them. You have been warned.

In other news, this coming Monday, April 28th, is the greatest event known to the Carleton man (and woman). That’s right, folks, you have been growing out your hair for an entire year and the ACT Center is bringing stylists to campus to cut it all off for a good cause. Cuts for Cancer is here! Donations of 6 or more inches are sent to Locks for Love but regular trims are also offered for a monetary donation to the Ted Mullin Cancer Research Fund. You don’t want to miss out on this Carleton tradition. Short hair (or, alternately, no hair) is the new black.

Just as a forward note: don’t throw away those hand warmers and day-glo yard decorations just yet. The ACT Center’s annual garage sale, Lighten Up, is just around the corner and needs your donations. The sale takes place during reunion week but we will start collecting those gently used items towards the end of May. This sale is a must for those living off campus next year. Your neighbor’s lava lamp may soon become your new favorite centerpiece.