Friday, February 15, 2008

<turday, February 9

At 2:10 a.m., Security received a report of an intoxicated student in a dormitory. An ambulance was called, and transported the student to Northfield hospital.

At 8:50 p.m., a fire alarm was reported at Severance Hall. Smoke detection equipment had been tampered with, causing the alarm.

Sunday, February 10

At 1:35 a.m., a fire alarm was reported at Evans Hall. Fire system equipment had been tampered with, causing the alarm.

At 4:40 a.m., loud music was reported in a dormitory.s At 9:15 a.m., a fire alarm was reported at Olin Hall. A professor had burned some popcorn, causing the alarm. Science project.

At 1:55 p.m., a fire alarm was reported at Evans Hall. Smoke detection equipment had malfunctioned, causing the alarm.

At 9:50 p.m., a student requested a ride to the hospital. He had accidentally hit his head on the corner of a desk.

Monday, February 11

At 9:20 a.m., Security transported a staff member who had injured a finger to Northfield Hospital.

At 11:35 a.m., a fire alarm was reported at Severance Hall. Food had been burned in one of the lounges, causing the alarm. Science project.

Tuesday, February 12

At 6:50 p.m., a fire extinguisher had been used to put out a small fire in a campus office. A plastic tray had found its way into the oven, and when it was time to make brownies, a problem ensued. Science project.

At 10:00 p.m., two people were reported walking near the Rec Center with a shopping cart containing a dead wolf. The animal turned out to be a small deer. Roadkill. The students were looking forward to conducting a science project.

Fun Fact: If you come across a large dead animal on or near a roadway, you must obtain a tag from a law enforcement officer before you are allowed to remove the animal for your personal use. Even if it’s for a science project.