Carleton Ghost Club emerges from the grave

<n’t be embarrassed if you believe in ghosts. I am not saying I personally believe in them, but maybe at some point while living in Evans I did see some unexplained shadowy figures. But I don’t know.

If there is even an ounce of interest in you regarding the supernatural, consider joining the Carleton Ghost Club.

“We’re like sort of a joke, but we are also are genuinely into watching ghost movies, going on ghost walks and talking about ghost movies,” Pratistha Rijal ’19, one of the club board members, said. Connor McNamee ’20, Kenneth Laster ’20 and Alex Whitis ’20 also serve on the board.

According to Rijal, the concept of a ghost club in itself is not new to Carleton. In recent years there has been the Carleton Society of Paranormal and Extraterrestrial Research, also known CaSPER. During the summer of 2018, Rijal and Laster, talked and decided to give life back to the club (no pun intended).

Club activities comprise trying to seek out and interact with ghosts in any way possible. A safe option for club members would be ghost movie night. However, for those who want to be one with the supernatural, walks at night in the arb and in Northfield will be club features. There was a plan recently to do a ghost “hunt” in the arb, but the tornado got in the way. There will also probably be some activity for Halloween. During the conversation I suggested to Rijal that the club visit the Oak Lawn Cemetery in Northfield to try to summon ghost friends. She thanked me for the suggestion.

At this point, the Ghost Club has a charter, but not yet funding. The board hopes to apply for funding in the future, though. Its return from the dead (sorry, I just had to do it) has been met with a large welcome, as over 100 people signed up at the recent activities fair. It is also already quite active on social media. Consider following Carleton’s ghost scene through the following networks:

Facebook- Carleton College Ghost Club

Instagram- carleton.ghostclub

Snapchat- carlghosts