Career Center reopens in redone facility

< nearly 40 years of helping students in the basement of Sayles-Hill, the Carleton Career Center has moved to a new facility in the recently remodeled Johnson House.

Host to six career counselors, graduate school and employer information sessions, and alumni informational interviews, the new, expanded facility reflects the center’s steady growth over the years.

“We’ve increased the number of interview rooms from two to four,” said Kimberly Betz ‘91, Director of the Career Center.

“This is important, as we didn’t have enough room previously to allow for campus recruiting interviews, 30-Minutes sessions, and individual virtual interviews in the numbers we needed.”

While the previous location had a small common area, the new space has significantly more room for students to come in for help with resume reviews, job search and meet individually with our peer advisors.

“We want this new space to feel welcoming and accessible to students,” said Betz.

As a result, Betz said, “People feel comfortable coming in and spending time working on applications and career development projects.”

This term, the Career Center has a large number of alumni visiting for their signature “30-Minutes” program, as well as a number of employers coming for job and internship interviews.

Betz encourages students to stop by to see the new center, visit a career counselor, or work with a student career assistant to polish a resume.

“Anyone who wants to plan an event with their group to see the new space and learn about programs, resources and opportunities should get in touch —we want to work with you!”