Theisen Named MIAC Player of the Week

<r Scott Theisen ’13 continued his amazing season last week with a trio of tremendous performances and some serious career milestones. The versatile Knights’ wing reached 1,000 points and 500 rebounds in his stellar career last week and notched his second triple-double of the season while leading Carleton to a 3-0 record and the brink of a MIAC Playoff berth. Theisen, who averaged 15.7 points, 9.0 rebounds, 8.0 assists and 4.3 steals in the three victories, was named the MIAC Men’s Basketball Athlete-of-the-Week for the first time in his career.

Theisen’s big week started with 17 points, 10 rebounds, six assists and a career-high tying six steals in last Monday’s 77-53 win over rival St. Olaf. He flirted with a triple double (nine points, eight assists, seven rebounds) while scoring the 1000th point of his career Wednesday in Carleton’s 63-58 win over Augsburg.

Theisen didn’t wait long to reach another milestone, as his 500th career rebound came in Saturday’s 84-71 win at Macalester as part of a 21-point, 10-rebound, 10-assist triple-double. This season, Theisen is one of just two players in all NCAA Divisions (I, II and III) to have more than one triple-double, and the first D-III player to accomplish that feat since 2009-10. This season, Theisen ranks third in the MIAC in scoring (17.7 ppg), fourth in rebounds (7.8 per game), first in assists (5.9 per game) and first in steals (2.2 per game) during conference games.

Theisen’s big week helped push Carleton towards a spot in the MIAC playoffs.