Harris ‘85 to be debate moderator

<hn Harris ’85, editor-in-chief of Politico.com, was announced as one of two moderators of the first presidential primary debate, slated for May 2 at the Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley, Calif. Harris will be joined in the moderator role by NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams, and the debate will air on MSNBC, CNBC, and Telemundo and streamed live on POLITICO.com.  The May 2 debate will kick off the early stage of the 2012 presidential campaign, leading up to the Ames straw poll in August. The upcoming debate will likely take place shortly after the first round of GOP presidential contenders announce their intentions to run.and into Faribault.

A few quick updates were made. The first was a quick note made about the Haiti Relief efforts: for every meal a student donates, Bon Appetite will donate $2. CSA approves of this. Furthermore, a Trayless Tuesday survey will be administered asking every 15th person at random to fill out a “30-second survey” about his or her thoughts on the matter.

A debate regarding the Latin Honors Policy changes ensued after John O’Neill presented the topic. CSA does not want to pass Latin Honors, and instead wants the qualifications to be a set cutoff, not contingent upon how others are doing. Everyone agreed they did not want a “cut-throat environment.” The CSA agreed to suspend the debate until next meeting.    

Finally, new charters were all approved for the following groups: Carleton Graphic, Role-Playing Association, Salsa and Latin Club, Inquiry into Human Flourishing.