The Career Corner: H.A.G.S.

<rry. I know you’ve probably been reminded by lots of other people that the school year is coming to a close. And every time, they ask, “What are you doing this summer?” If you’ve already found a great internship, program or job, then you can confidently reply with visions of the glorious summer to come. But what if you don’t have any plans yet? Don’t be ashamed! There’s still time to find something great to do!

One great way to do that is with the help of the Career Center. Whether you’re still looking for something to apply to, looking for help polishing up your cover letters or resume, or even just getting ready to head to another city, there is someone here to help you.

There are a number of job and internship databases maintained by the Career Center for you to use. The Tunnel is the first place to start if you’re looking for an opportunity this summer. The Tunnel can be accessed online through the Career Center website, and is constantly updated with new jobs and internships all over the country. If you’re worried about navigating it on your own, or just want some advice on how to use it, stop into the Career Center any time between 11:00 am and 5:30 pm and talk with a Career Advisor or Career Councilor.   

The Career Center staff can also help you through the application process, and are ready to answer any other questions you may have. Their contacts within the alumni network can help you meet helpful people in the area you might be headed to. Get help optimizing your cover letters and resumes. No matter how many times you’ve done it, it never hurts to have another set of eyes on something.

Everyone enjoys a break, but we all know that it’s better to be doing something than nothing. Find something great to do this summer. No matter where you are in your search, the Career Center can help. If you want to have a great summer, you have to make it great.