The Career Corner: Opportunities Abound

<rleton is a place where those who know teach those who want to learn. Sharing knowledge and asking questions is what we’re all about! Why would you take a different approaching to your future? The Career Center brings alumni right to campus so that you have the opportunity to meet with them face-to-face, and ask any questions you want. There are still lots of chances this term. Here’s a few alumni who will be here in the next few weeks. If you’re interested in meeting with them for a half-hour session, send an e-mail to Jessica Mueller ([email protected]) to reserve your spot.

Kate Ray ’06 works in Fundraising and Development for Big Brothers/Big Sisters. If you’re interested in non-profit work, she’s a great person to talk to! She graduated magna cum laude from Carleton College in 2006 with a BA in Political Science and a Concentration in French and Francophone Studies. Kate works with the External Affairs team of Big Brothers/Big Sisters to raise the organization’s $4.5 million operating budget. She produces grant proposals and reports, has created and implemented new alumni programming for all former participants of the organization, and coordinates third-party fundraising events. She’ll be on campus Tuesday April 13th from 1:30 to 5:00 pm.

Sarah Shriver ’79 is a Social Worker with Health Start in the St. Paul Public School system. She’s an excellent resource if you’ve ever had questions about social justice, social work, or working with youth. Health Start works to provide physical and mental health services within the school setting. Sarah graduated as an English Major, and went on to receive a Master in Social Work. She will be on campus Wednesday April 14th from 1:30 to 5:00 pm.

Marcy Andberg ’66 is the President of a company she created which engages in consulting in business development, research and development of psychological tests, and interpretive and training software. Her work strives to ensure that psychological tests are sound and comprehensive. This field is known as quantitative psychology. If you have questions about psychology, mathematics, or both, Marcy is another great resource.

There’s opportunities all around you for learning at Carleton. Don’t forget that the Career Center is one of them.