Farewell to Sodexho

<r Sodexho,

It’s been a fun couple of years. I’m not sure that I can say that I’ll miss you next year, because I really won’t. We’ve had our ups and downs, buddy. Ok, ok, you’re right. They’ve been mostly downs. But you kept me at least mildly entertained every once in a while, right? I mean, you’re definitely going out with a bang – I mean. where did that Buffalo Chicken Meltdown come from? Seriously.

But I remember, Sodexho, that first morning that I ate in the LDC. I was so excited! All this wonderful food available to me . Boy, what a swell deal, I said.

What happened to us, Sodexho? Where did you go? We’ve just been drifting apart these past three years – now it’s like we don’t even know each other anymore.Those tacos every Monday-Wednesday-Friday at lunch just don’t taste the same anymore. And I mean that literally and figuratively.

And now this new kid is moving in and taking your spot. I don’t know that much about him, but he really seems like a go-getter. He’s got a lot of people excited about the changes he’s bringing; but I wonder, Sodexho, if he’ll really bring that much change. People say he will, but isn’t he operating on the same budget as you? I mean, let’s say that you have five dollars, and you want to make a chicken quesadilla. How many different ways can you make a chicken quesadilla with 5 dollars? It’s not like this new guy is going to have new facilities or anything. Everything’s the same, isn’t it? Maybe I just don’t get it, Sodexho. I guess I’m not very good with change.

I guess my point in all of this, Sodexho, is this: can we still be friends? You have my address. You know where to find me.