Friday, May 2, 2008

<ong>Thursday, April 24

– At 4:40 a.m., Security responded to the report of an intoxicated student in a residence hall. An ambulance was called and the student transported to the hospital.

– At 7:30 p.m., Custom Alarm reported a fire alarm at Severance Hall. Security found that burnt food was the cause of the alarm.

Friday, April 25

– At 7:30 a.m., a Grounds employee reported some vandalism near Nourse Hall.

– At 4:35 p.m., Security received a call from Northfield dispatch asking Security to meet a Northfield Police officer near the Arts Union. A Northfield officer caught several town kids trying to break into the building.

– At 10:10 p.m., while on patrol Security found that about 15 vehicles parked in the Rec Center parking lot had been struck with paintballs.

Sunday, April 27

– At 12:15 a.m., Security transported a student to the Northfield hospital. The student had injured their knee while playing rugby.

Monday, April 28

– At 8:25 a.m., Security responded to Musser hall on the report of a fire alarm. Burnt food was the cause of the alarm.

– At 10:40 p.m., Security responded to a medical emergency at the Rec Center. A student had injured their ankle but did not wish to be transported to the hospital.

Tuesday, April 29

– At 10:48 a.m., a student that had cut their finger was transported to the Northfield hospital by Security.

– At 8:47 p.m., a delivery person acting suspiciously was approached by Security. The individual gave a false name so an Order to Stay off Carleton College property letter was issued to the individual.

Carleton has adopted the e2Campus service, which allows students, faculty and staff to sign up to receive text messages on their cell phones in the event of serious campus emergencies. Check out this link for more information and to sign up. http://apps.carleton.edu/emergency/service/