Carleton accepts early decision for class of 2027

On Dec. 12, Carleton accepted 180 students from the  Early Decision round of applications, the first new students admitted to Carleton for the Class of 2027. 

The ED cycle is one of three application options Carleton offers, along with early decision two and regular decision. Early decision applications are binding; all accepted ED students are expected to attend. Applications for ED2, which is also binding, are due on Jan. 15. Non-binding applications for the regular decision process are due on the same date. 

Of the 180 students, 20 were admitted as QuestBridge Match Scholars, and 12 were Posse Scholars in Houston. 

40% of the students considered themselves BIPOC, roughly the same percentage as that of the entire class of 2026. 9% are international students, a slightly smaller percentage than the cumulative 10% of the Class of 2026. There, however, was an increase in the rate of first-generation college students when compared to the cumulative Class of 2026 — from 16% to 22%. 

The average financial aid grant from the college was $55,703, with 57% of students qualifying for aid — which is about average for the current student body. Additionally, 21% of those admitted are Pell-eligible and will most likely earn support from the Schuler Access Initiative

Welcome, Carleton Class of 2027!