Carleton Today

Starting at the end of January, the college began producing and distributing a new weekly e-newsletter entitled Carleton Today. The newsletter aims to provide transparency between President Allison Byerly, as well as other senior leadership team members and students. 

The issues have provided readers with information and updates, such as the status of the draft IDE plan, upcoming campus events and new changes/transitions happening in the community, such as the hiring of a new associate chaplain for Christian and interfaith life. The newsletter also includes a “Carls to Celebrate” section as well as a short letter written by Byerly. 

Carleton Today follows a previous Carleton e-newsletter, Carleton Weekly, which was discontinued on Jan. 17. One key difference, according to the newsletter, is that the Carleton Today audience has been expanded to include Carleton students, who can now also submit news to be shared or Carleton community member shoutouts.  

The inclusion of a personal note from President Byerly at the beginning of every edition to the Carleton community highlights her knowledge of ongoing projects and events. The e-newsletter, emailed to readers every Thursday morning, is expected to adapt as individuals begin to submit feedback but is now in motion.