With Three Goals, Senior Cammarota Leads Knights in Doubleheader Weekend

<rleton College men’s soccer team received a clutch, breakout performance over the weekend from midfielder Jordy Cammarota ’15 (Neenah, Wis.) in a MIAC win and a close loss to a top 20-ranked foe. The Knights’ senior racked up three goals and one assist for a seven-point weekend and included a game-winning goal. For his performance, the MIAC sports information directors honored Cammarota Tuesday with the MIAC Men’s Soccer Athlete-of-the-Week award.

After a tough 3-1 loss to defending MIAC champ Gustavus Adolphus on Wednesday, Carleton bounced back Saturday with an impressive 3-0 victory over Saint Mary’s with Cammarota contributing to all three scores. He had two goals—his first career multi-goal game, and an assist which clinched the game win. The next day, he scored in the second half to send Carleton’s upset bid against No. 19-ranked Luther to overtime, which resulted in a heartbreaking 2-1 loss. Cammarota now has a career-high four goals which is tied for the seventh-best total in the MIAC. His two game-winning goals are tied for the third-most in the league.

Carleton started MIAC play last week with a 1-1 record, and now has an overall record of 3-5. The Knights have three points in the conference standings and are part of a five-way tie for third place. Cammarota and company only have one game on the schedule this week, but it’s a big one. Carleton travels to Collegeville, Minn., Saturday for a rematch of last season’s MIAC Playoff championship game. The Knights take on Saint John’s on the road Saturday at 4 p.m.