CSA Weekly Update

<st off, welcome back to Carleton! During the summer, CSA senators have been working to ensure that your campus life continues to improve. Check out the new and improved CSA web site. It’s now easier to navigate and includes a Student Organization Handbook for commonly asked questions and procedures. If you have any project suggestions, please don’t hesitate to email one of your senators. In addition, every senator holds CSA office hours, so be sure to stop by the Student Activities office if you have any comments, concerns, or suggestions.
    Here’s what CSA has worked on at the first two meetings.

Town Hall Meeting Update
    CSA senate is working on the next town hall meeting, which will revolve around Carleton’s campus traditions. More information will follow in the coming weeks.

Class Picnics
    Class dinners are scheduled for September 28th. The plan is to close the dining hall and have four giant picnics as a way encourage class unity. Class deans and President Poskanser are expected to attend.

Congratulations to the following students who were appointed to campus committees
    Congratulations to the following student organizations who received charter approval from the Governance Committee
    Workshopping Education
    Global Medical Brigade
    Beatles Fan Club
    Carleton Baking Club
    Carleton Claymation Club

Carleton Magic

Crakc
    Women’s Soccer Club
    Students Advocating for Informed Decisions
    Carleton Parkour
    Intertwining Melodies 

The following student organizations received funding:
    Floodlight ($100), Women’s Soccer ($1400), ACT Center ($900), The Cave ($2,500)
    Please refer to the Budget Committee minutes for further information.
    Green Fund Amendment
    CSA senate approved that the green fund should be used to make up the difference in cost between a food item that is not environmentally friendly and one that is. Students are encouraged to use this fund.

Café Fast Requests
    Two café fast requests were approved at the first meeting. The first was to student working with the World Food Program to send food to flood victims in Pakistan. The second was to students working with the Northfield Hunger Crop Walk to raise money towards victims for hunger.

The next meeting is Monday at 7pm in Sayles 251.