Friday, May 21, 2010

<ong>Thursday, May 13

-8:50 p.m., a fire alarm was received for Benton House.  Burned food.  No fire.

Friday, May 14

-12:15 a.m., Security assisted in breaking up a party in a dorm..
-9:45 p.m.,  vandalism to an exterior door to Hulings Hall was observed.
-11:05 p.m., a student was observed smoking marijuana.  Smoking paraphernalia and a small amount of marijuana were confiscated from the student and his friends.

Saturday, May 15

-12:30 a.m., vandalism to a glass panel on the entry to Arena Theater was observed.
-12:55 a.m.,a  fire alarm was received for Cassat Hall.  Burned popcorn.  No fire.
-1:15 a.m., an altercation between a student and guest was reported.  Security intervened, and the guest was issued a citation by Northfield Police.

Sunday, May 16

-4:25 a.m., a fire alarm was received for Musser Hall.  Someone had discharged a fire extinguisher in a hallway, setting off the alarm.  No fire.
-11:05 a.m., a fire alarm was received for Boliou Hall.  No cause was found.  No fire.

Monday, May 17

-12:05 a.m., Security transported a student with a knee injury to Northfield Hospital.

-12:35 a.m., Security transported another student with a knee injury to Northfield Hospital.

ATTENTION: SECURITY ADVISORY

Tuesday, May 18
-2:15 p.m., a suspicious individual was reported hanging out on campus who was telling people he had recently been expelled from St. Olaf.  It was confirmed he had been banned from St. Olaf for involvement with campus thefts.  Apparently he had gained entrance to a Carleton townhouse over the weekend by falsely claiming an injury.  Please call Security immediately if you observe any suspicious activity such as this.  Campus thefts typically increase during this time of year, so be especially vigilant.

-Randy Atchison, Security Services