Career Corner

<n the Career Corner, we’re going to hit a number of upcoming events that you’ll want to keep an eye open for. The term is half over, and things are going to get busy, so be sure you don’t miss out on something you’re interested in! There are always events happening that can give you a leg up for your professional future.

Winter Term Chapters Meetings

Every Thursday in February, the Career Center has invited Alumni and Professionals from a variety of fields here to campus to meet with you. It’s not a lecture or an info session. Chapters meetings allow you to schedule a half-hour appointment to talk one-on-one with a professional and ask the questions you’re interested in. Learn the ins and outs of a profession, ask advice, or just make a new contact.

This term, we’ve invited guests with experience working with Non-Profits, Environmental work, and Entrepreneurial endeavors. There will be one representative of each field in the Career Center on Thursdays from 1:00 to 5:00. Sign up for an appointment by contacting Jessica Mueller ([email protected]) in the Career Center. There are still three Thursdays left in February, and spots are limited, so contact us today to get a spot.

Senior Transitions Workshops

Seniors, are you worried about your next step? Maybe you have a job or a plan for grad school, but do you have questions about things like insurance, or personal finances? Every Wednesday in February will be a Senior Transition Seminar, designed, to give you the information you need to successfully make the transition from Senior Student to Junior Responsible Person.

Each workshop will be from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. every Wednesday in Olin 141. Pizza will be provided, so stop by for some free food. Don’t worry if you have to come late or leave early. Stop by for food and info. You’ve got nothing to lose!

The final three workshops will cover Insurance, Apartment Hunting, and Finances.

Cheesy Fridays

It’s still happening! Cheesy comestibles for everyone! Fridays from 2:00 to 4:00 in the Career Center. If you don’t eat the cheese, someone else will.