Swimming teams share in great performances

<rleton Men’s Swimming and Diving Team won every race in their dual meet against St. Mary’s University. The meet was away. The Knights beat the Cardinals 161-62, a welcome notch in the victory belt of the Carleton squad.

Swimmers of all ages posted great times this past Saturday. Freshmen Will Sparks, Eli Danson, and Evan Harris each won one event. Sparks touched the wall first in the 200-yard freestyle while Danson grabbed the victory in the 500-yard freestyle. Harris won the 400-yard individual medley.

Jesse Gourevitch and Christian Edwards, both sophomores, tied for gold in the 100-yard backstroke. Gourevitch also won the 200-yard breaststroke. Jaymes Awbrey ’13 won the mixed 1,650-yard freestyle. Djem Kissiov ’12 triumphed in the 100-yard breaststroke.

Mamoru Kanazawa ’13 won both the 200-yard butterfly and the 200-yard backstroke. Eric Klontz ’13 won the 50 and 100-yard freestyle races as well as the 100-yard butterfly.

Leo Hummel ’12 was a close second in both the 1-m and 3-m dives. Hummel won the “Can of Corn” Award—bestowed upon a swimmer who does particularly well each meet—for his personal best scores.

The Knights have their last home meet this coming Saturday at 2 p.m. They will be competing against St. Olaf and it is the senior meet for both teams.