Carleton hosts Regionals

< Carleton will be hosting the UPA Central Regional tournament, which will bring 16 open and women’s teams to Northfield to battle for spots to Nationals.

Four out of Carleton’s six intercollegiate teams qualified this year. CUT will look to defend their regional title from last year and are seeded first in the open side.

GOP is seeded sixth and has its best chance to qualify for division one nationals in their history. The central region has four bids to nationals this year, so GOP is positioned well to make a run for the last bid.

On the Women’s side, Syzgy is seeded second and Eclipse is seeded fifteenth  which means the two will be playing each other in the first round.The Women only have two bids to nationals though so there will be stiff competition for the two spots since the tournament is double elimination.

Play starts tomorrow with rounds starting at 8 am, 10 am, noon, 2 pm, and 4 pm.All four Carleton teams will begin behind the rec with prequarter games in the first round.The rest of their games will be determined based on how they finish since both tournaments are using bracket style formats.

The finals will be held Sunday in Laird Stadium. The Open finals will take place at 11 am, while the Women’s finals will take place at 2 pm. Come out and support all four Carleton teams.