Caught in the ACT: Submit your photos of your volunteer experience

< cheese basket from Shepherd’s Way Farm!

In order to make the experiences of different volunteers more visible, the ACT center is holding a photo contest.  The ACT center is encouraging students who have volunteered with an ACT program to submit photos from their volunteer experience. 

These programs can include ongoing volunteer programs dealing with community companionship, the environment, social, economic and gender justice, health or youth tutoring. They can also include one-time events such as Cuts for Cancer or Into the Arb, or new programs such as TOPSoccer (Carleton students play soccer with children with disabilities), Team Tibet (sends tutors to the Tibetan American Foundation in St. Paul every other week),  and Uplift (a program in Faribault that provides Somali immigrants with academic support).
We would also like to encourage people who have taken pictures at any of the Haiti Relief Carleton events to submit pictures. 

At the annual volunteer appreciation celebration on May 31, 2010, the volunteers who attend will cast their votes on the photos they like best.  The ACT Center will award the photo with the most votes a basket worth $75 featuring the artisan cheeses from the local Shepherd’s Way Farm.

Please submit photos to Martta Sareva at [email protected] or Rebecca Feldman at [email protected] or drop them by the ACT office.  Make sure to include your name and ACT program represented with the photos.