The Career Corner: Where do I go for help?

< you remember the first day of the term? No homework, classes were low key, and you got to say hi to everyone who hadn’t seen all winter break. So casual and carefree, you thought the whole term would be this easy.

Yeah, I don’t remember either. We’re busy people here at Carleton, running from building to building, meeting to meeting, sometimes barely finding time to eat and shower. You know in the back of your mind that you need to update that resume, find a summer job, and just stop by the Career Center someday. But when are you going to do that? And where do you go? The Career Center has the resources to meet our individual needs.

If you don’t know the next time you’ll be free, take advantage of the Career Advisors and their walk-in hours. Our friendly student staff can help with almost any question, and get pointed in the right direction. Resumes, job search advice, they’re ready to help you. If you’re in Sayles, head downstairs to the Career Center between 11:00 am and 5:30 pm Monday through Friday, and Career Advisors will be waiting to help you.

Don’t find yourself in Sayles much? Don’t have time to meet from 11:00 to 5:30? Career Advisors can be found in the library, room 328, from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm, Sunday through Thursday.

If those times don’t work, or if you’d like to block out a larger chunk of time, make an appointment with one of the Career Counselors. Appointments can be made at the front desk of the Career Center, or be e-mailing [email protected]. Make an appointment that works for you, and get the time you need.

Don’t have more than a few minutes in your busy schedule? If you’re near a laptop, head to the Career Center website. go.carleton.edu/career  Information about Career Center programs, upcoming events, job searches, networking strategies, links to the Tunnel and other resources, are all available at your fingertips.

You’re always in the right place and time to get some help from the Career Center. Take advantage of it while you can.