Ultimate teams reach the Nationals

<ms of ultimate, all of the frisbee teams at Carleton had tremendous years. Despite their slow start at tournaments in the late winter and early spring, CUT, Syzygy, and GOP all peaked at the right time to perform their best at their respective national tournaments. CUT and Syzygy both easily won their respective Northwoods Sectional tournament, rolling through the competition. GOP was able to claim the final bid to Regionals, finishing 6th.

At Regionals, CUT and Syzygy both made it to the finals before losing to Wisconsin’s men and women’s teams, but both teams were able to rebound and win the second place game to secure the final bids to Nationals. GOP broke seed to finish 9th.

At Nationals CUT went 2-1 in pool play then won their pre-quarters game against Pittsburg followed by an exciting 15-13 in over Georgia in the quarters before succumbing to Florida in the semis. CUT ended up tied for 3rd.

Syzygy also went 2-1 in pool play and had a convincing 15-3 win over Michigan State in the pre-quarters before losing to UCLA in the quarters, cementing a tie for 5th place.

GOP ended their season at D-III Nationals, where they ended up losing to eventual champion Wisconsin-Whitewater in the semi-finals, thus finishing third at the tournament.