Press "Enter" to skip to content

Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday, October 13

At 6:45 a.m., Security transported a student who had lacerated their hand while slicing some fruit.

At 8:30 a.m., a faulty detector head in the Burton dish room set off the buildings fire alarm system.

At 11:30 a.m., a carbon monoxide detector was bumped in Scott house setting off the fire alarm system.

At 1:30 p.m., a student that lives off-off campus called Security to report that they had an intruder in their house about 4:30 am that same morning. When the student yelled at the person they ran off. Security advised the student to report this to the Northfield police.

At 11:45 p.m., burned food in Parish house was the cause of a fire alarm. The smoke was ventilated and the system silenced and reset.

Tuesday, October 14

At 6:32 p.m., Security responded to Sevy for a fire alarm. Burned food in the third floor lounge was the cause of the alarm.

Wednesday, October 15

At 2:45 a.m., Security responded to a motion alarm at the Library. A student was located after a quick search, their name taken and a report written and forwarded to the Dean of Students and the Librarian.

At 3:40 a.m., Security transported a student with a foot injury to the Northfield Hospital. Security entertained the student on the way to the hospital by telling ghost stories about the Arts Union (aka the old middle school).

At 10:52 a.m., another fire alarm at Burton hall was cause by a bad detector head in the dish room.

At 11:24 p.m., responding to the report of a marijuana smell coming from in front of Burton a small amount of marijuana and a pipe were confiscated and turned over to the Northfield police.

Thursday, October 16

At 3:01 a.m., Security responded to the report of an intoxicated student entering someone’s room and urinating on the occupants belongings. Security called for an ambulance and the paramedics dealt with the intoxicated student.

At 3:21 a.m., Security responded to Burton hall for a series of fire alarms caused by….yep…you guessed it….a faulty head in the dish room.

At 6:38 p.m., Security transported a student to the hospital. The student had cut themselves while playing at the Rec. Center.

At 7:12 p.m., Security was called by Pearl Street Dispatch reporting a student that had become disoriented. Security located the student near the wind turbine and transported the student back to campus.

Saturday, October 18

At 12:20 a.m., Security responded to the complaint of a marijuana smell coming from a residence hall. A small amount of marijuana was confiscated and turned over to the Northfield police.

-Please keep your door locked whether you’re planning on being away for a few hours or just a few minutes, or even just hanging out in your room. Keeping that door locked can save you from coming home to the loss of your computer, phone, iPod, or the other cool stuff you keep in your room, like that Proton Pack w/Plasma Blaster you got on EBay for fighting ghosts in the Old Middle School. Let’s not forget that locking that door also keeps YOU safe, whether you live on Campus or off, your safety is important to us. Stay Safe!

– James Bushey, Security Services

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.